Lambrusco Days 2019. 7 Days Of ‘Serious’ Fun.
Friday, June 21st – Thursday, June 27th, 2019
Lambrusco got a bad rap in the 70’s and 80’s when an industrial US version (4%-9.5% alc., 30-90g/l sugar) of real Lambrusco (red, frizzante, secco= sugar: max 15g/l , min. 11% alc.) became the best-selling imported wine in the USA.
Times have changed and there’s been a resurgence of authentic Lambrusco made in the traditional secco frizzante style. Grown around Parma, Modena, Reggio, Bologna, and Mantova, Lambrusco is the ultimate pairing for a platter of Prosciutto di Parma, and chunks of Parmigiano-Reggiano drizzled with balsamic vinegar in a stunning illustration of the idea that “if it grows together, it goes together!”
The Lambrusco Secco revival is being led by producers who take care to produce wines that are varietally true and imbued with a distinct sense of terroir. Many of these committed producers have rescued indigenous Lambrusco varieties from near extinction and come from families that have produced exclusively Lambrusco Secco locally for generations.
With its low alcohol content (min. 11% alc.), slight fizz (frizzante), bright fruit, and hint of bitterness, true Lambrusco (Secco) has become a darling among sommeliers looking for something unique, crowd-pleasing, and food-friendly.
‘dine & lambrusco’ ’19
International Lambrusco Week 2019
Enjoy a glass of Lambrusco Secco with breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner, and/or a midnight snack.
- Friday, June 21st:
9th World #LambruscoDay
Get Fizzical! Share a bottle of Lambrusco (secco, min. 11% alc.) with a friend!
- Saturday, June 22nd:
Discover Sorbara from Bomporto, Grasparossa from Castelvetro and Salamino from Santa Croce.
- Sunday, June 23rd:
Discover Salamino, Barghi and Montericco.
- Monday, June 24th:
- Tuesday, June 25th:
Discover Ruberti from Quistello and Viadanese from Viadana.
- Wednesday, June 26th:
Celebrate La Dotta (“the learned one”- for its famed university), La Grassa (“the fat one”- for it’s cuisine), and La Rossa (“the red one”- a reference to the red rooftops throughout the city), Ragu’ alla Bolognese, Mortadella
- Thursday, June 27th:
#LambruscoAncestrale & #LambruscoSpumante Day
Discover Lambrusco Metodo Rifermentazione Ancestrale and Spumante made from Lambrusco grapes (Charmat/Metodo Classico).
Real Lambrusco Moments 2011-2020
Even though most people consider June 21 as the date of the June Solstice, it can happen anytime between June 20 and June 22, depending on which time zone you’re in. June 22 Solstices are rare – the last June 22 Solstice in UTC time took place in 1975 and there won’t be another one until 2203.
- 15th World Lambrusco Day 2025: Saturday, June 21st.
- 14th World Lambrusco Day 2024: Thursday, June 20th.
- 13th World Lambrusco Day 2023: Wednesday, June 21st.
- 12th World Lambrusco Day 2022: Tuesday, June 21st.
- 11th World Lambrusco Day 2021: Monday, June 21st.
- 10th World Lambrusco Day 2020: Saturday, June 20th.
- 9th World Lambrusco Day 2019: Friday, June 21st.
- 8th World Lambrusco Day 2018: Thursday, June 21st.
- 7th World Lambrusco Day 2017: Wednesday, June 21st.
- 6th World Lambrusco Day 2016: Monday, June 20th.
- 5th World Lambrusco Day 2015: Sunday, June 21st.
- 4th World Lambrusco Day 2014: Saturday, June 21st.
- 3rd World Lambrusco Day 2013: Friday, June 21st.
- 2nd World Lambrusco Day 2012: Wednesday, June 20th.
- 1st World Lambrusco Day 2011: Tuesday, June 21st.